Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have nothing nice to say......

Why did I start this blog?

I'm (mostly) a nice person. I'm polite, I say "bless you" when people sneeze, I hold the door open for my co-workers, I always say "please" and "thankyou", I don't speak ill of the dead, I work hard, pay my taxes and love my family. And yet I still have an inner bitch who needs to be let out every now and then.

As you may have guessed from the "Knitter" part of my blog name, I'm on Ravelry. Ravelry is an awesome website, full of talented knitters, crocheters and spinners who I generally like. It's run by wonderful people who have done an amazing job designing a resource for yarnies. However, there are certain groups, forums or threads that make me want to bash my head against a brick wall.

To maintain the peace, there are rules on what you can or can't post on the Ravelry forums. This stops me from posting "You're all a bunch of fucking morons" from time to time when the drama really starts to get to me. Sure, the Rubberneckers provide an outlet for pointing and laughing, but the group has strict rules and is heavily moderated which makes it hard to say how I really feel. The Lazy, Stupid and Godless group would let me swear to my hearts content but they don't like it when you bring in drama from other threads. I could troll threads all over the place, screw the rules and really vent but I like Ravelry and don't want to get myself banned. I could create a sock puppet account and troll anonymously, but that's against the rules as well and I would just get myself banned. I like Ravelry and I don't want to get myself banned or create extra headaches for TPTB.

So here I am.

This blog is about letting my evil bitchy twin out to play, so that for the rest of my online and real life I can continue to be a nice person. Most of it will probably be about Ravelry, but I might be inspired to bitch about other things too. Enjoy! And if you don't like my ranting, feel free to send me hate mail and I'll put it up here to be laughed at.

5 comments:

  1. Hey - I'm going to follow you publicly because I like to watch the dramas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any thoughts about suspected trolls presenting as teenagers on Ravelry? I can think of two off the top of my head, one male and one female.

    ReplyDelete